- Research indicates that 70-80% of heart disease is caused by preventable risk factors.
- Up to 90% of type-2 diabetes is potentially preventable by eliminating risks.
- The American Cancer Society states that “most cancers are preventable” (over half).
- New research indicates that even Alzheimer’s Disease is largely preventable with lifestyle changes.
- Preventing Heart Disease – Learn the seven key steps to heart health.
- Cancer Prevention – Learn how to lower your risk of cancer through diet and lifestyle.
- Preventing Diabetes – Learn 10 ways you can reduce your risk of diabetes.
- Preventing Osteoporosis– Learn how to build strong bones and slow bone loss with age.
- Preventing Alzheimer’s Disease – How to prevent AD and build brain health.
- Understanding Depression – Including a depression self-test.
- Coping with Stress – How to manage stress better in your life.
- Exercise is Preventive Medicine – How exercise protects health and how to get started.
- Achieving Healthy Eating for Prevention of Disease – How to choose the best foods linked to health and longevity.
- Lowering Blood Pressure – Learn the 6 most effective ways to lower blood pressure.
Prevention Programs Include:
- PowerPoint slides for presenting a group education program, usually 1 hour to 1.5 hours in length. Slides can be sorted to provide shorter presentations if desired.
- Speaker’s notes on PowerPoint slides.
- Participant handouts.
- Other educational materials including a self-assessment of the health risks on the topic being presented.
All programs are based on the latest research and PPT slides show research findings and recommendations, including journal references.
To Order, Call 503-557-9538
For more information, download the following resources:
- Program Description (PDF)
The PowerPoint presentations can be used on PCs and Mac systems using MS PowerPoint.